The days in Provence are getting longer and warmer and I'm looking forward to get a whiff of lavender scent. Soon, soon, whisper the nearby fields as late spring turns into summer. Until then, I'm enjoying the first strawberries from the garden in this beautiful raw cake. Decorate it with fresh edible flowers and you have a showstopping dessert everyone will love.
Raw Strawberry - Raspberry Cake
Crust: 120 grams/1 cup dates, soaked
180 grams/ 1 1/2 cups nuts (walnuts, almonds)
200 grams/1 1/3 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
1 1/3 cups fresh strawberries
3/4 cup fresh or thawed raspberries
120 ml/ 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
40 grams/ 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
60 grams 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter
80 ml/ 3/4/ cup maple syrup
1. Process nuts in food processor or high speed blender.
2. Add soaked dates. The mixture should be sticky.
3. Prepare a pastry circle (adjustable cake ring like this one), adjust to 18 cm/7 inches on a plate.
4. Fill the bottom with date - nuts crust. Put into freezer until you prepare the cream.
5. For the cream : melt the cacao butter and coconut oil (or coconut butter). In a high speed blender, blend all ingredients.
6. Remove the crust from the freezer, fill with cream. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
7. Before eating, remove the ring, let thaw for 20 minutes, decorate with fresh edible flowers and/or strawberries. Refrigerate (keep covered to avoid the cake absorbing smells from other foods in the fridge) and eat within three days.