Inspired by my favorite cooking book ''Food, what the heck should I cook?'' by Dr.Mark Hyman, I've created these yummy cookies. Or should I say cookie sandwiches? We all love cookies, don't we and we scream for ice cream as well, so why not combine these two together? These cookies are pegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free. Because pleasurable food doesn't have to be filled with refined sugar.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
Spices (optional): nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup ghee
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Add melted ghee, maple syrup, mix until well combined.
3. Shape the dough into a log, wrap in parchment paper and place in the fridge overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Slice the dough into rounds, place on the parchment paper spaced evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
7. Let cool.
8. Spread a bit of your favorite ice cream (homemade or store bought) on a cookie, place the next on the top of it and enjoy!