How about having a healthy and satisfying dessert with an upgrade? After my home country finally removed the healing compound CBD from the list of dangerous drugs, I felt inspired and made these yummy CBD chocolate cups.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural compound found in the flower of cannabis that contains therapeutic properties. CBD is a safe, non-addictive substance and is one of the more than a hundred ‘phytocannabinoids’ found in a cannabis plant. Hemp and Marijuana are both the same plant, but they’ve been bred to be either high in CBD and low in THC (hemp), or high in THC and low in CBD (marijuana). Most CBD oil is extracted from hemp, not marijuana.
CBD Chocolate Cups
3/4 cup dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
2 drops of mint essential oil
60 grams (2 ounces) raw cacao butter
1 teaspoon of CBD coconut oil (I use this one)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of coconut butter
pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
1. Melt the chocolate or chocolate chips until smooth.
2. Spoon the chocolate into the molds.
3. Put it into the freezer to harden.
4. Melt the cacao butter, add vanilla, and salt and whisk until smooth. Add CBD coconut oil and whisk. Take the white chocolate and drizzle it over the dark chocolate.
5. Let cool down on the freezer shelf for around 20 minutes.