With sunny days, my craving for raw cakes returns. And if you've been following me for a while, you know that the most favorite pastry ingredient in my country are poppy seeds. We are capable to put them into everything from pastry to savory dishes. We even make non dairy milk with them.
Raw Poppy Seeds Lemon Tarts (paleo, vegan)
Ingredients (serves 5)
For the bottom layer:
100 grams milled poppy seeds
100 grams dates, soaked and pitted
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the top layer:
100 grams cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
30 ml coconut oil
40 ml maple syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix the ingredients for the bottom layer.
2. Press the dough into silicone muffin forms.
3. Let set in the fridge until you prepare the top layer.
4. Blend the ingredients for the top layer.
5. Carefully fill the muffin forms to the top.
6. Store in the fridge.