This small orange - like fruit combines the sweetness of oranges and the tartness of lemons. The peel of the kumquat is edible and the fruit itself is packed with vitamin C and fiber. Make sure you shop for organic kumquats as you eat the whole fruit.
Simple Kumquat Cake (dairy and gluten free)
2 1/2 cups almond flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup ghee
1 tablespoon Limoncello (optional)
1 tablespoon cacao
half cup sliced kumquats
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and maple syrup, add ghee, Limoncello, cacao and almond flour.
3. Stir in kumquats, reserving a small handful to top.
4. Pour the batter in a small loaf pan, use parchment paper to line the inside, top with sliced kumquats.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes.