Those of you who have been following me for a while know that I just love einkorn flour. Einkorn, the original diploid wheat (with only two sets of chromosomes), has never been hybridized, is much better digestible than wheat and it just happens to be locally grown. Kefir and blueberries make these muffins a very healthy choice for a kids' snack and you can as well grab one or two! This recipe comes from my beloved book from Carla Bartolucci but I lowered the sugar content, used kefir instead of yogurt and milk and ghee instead of butter.
Einkorn Blueberry Muffins
360 grams/ 3 cups einkorn flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
10 tbsp ghee
300 ml kefir
150 grams organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
2 cups frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix eggs with sugar until creamy, add ghee and kefir.
4. Fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture until well incorporated.
5. Add blueberries gently without mixing too much (this would turn the whole batter blue)
6. Spoon the batter into muffin cups, bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.